Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the importance of technical planning and technical management.
- Describe how the technical plan coordinates with a project plan.
- Document a technical plan in a NASA-compliant Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP).
- Explain the NASA procedural requirements (NPR 7123.1 for systems engineering and 7120.5 for project management) to create a technical plan.
- Define the technical work necessary and sufficient to complete a project.
- Describe the characteristics and elements of a good technical plan.
- Describe the flow of systems engineering activities that guide a project.
- Select appropriate technical reviews, metrics, and measurements to assess project progress.
- Explain how to use the SEMP to control scope during project execution.