This training is intended for leadership and personnel of NASA programs and missions to emphasize how spectrum management is vital to achieving their objectives. The training will:
Define RF spectrum management and its importance,
Provide an overview of the certification of spectrum support and frequency assignment process for space and major terrestrial missions, and
Highlight key takeaways pertaining to spectrum access for user missions
The target audience for the HQ-SM101A training are Spectrum Users, which include leadership and personnel from any NASA missions, programs, or projects at all Centers and JPL that require access the radio frequency spectrum for their communications, navigation, or science data collection needs.
Project Management Competencies
- PM 3.0 – Requirements Development & Management
- PM 5.0 – Project Planning
- PM 7.0 – Risk Management
- PM 10.0 – Project Lifecycle
- PM 13.0 – Systems Engineering
- PM 17.0 – Technology & Engineering Development
- C 1.2 – NASA Project Management/Systems Engineering Procedures & Guidelines
Systems Engineering Competencies
- SE 1.2 – Technical Requirements Definition
- SE 3.1 – Technical Planning
- SE 3.2 – Requirements Management
- SE 3.8 – Technical Decision Analysis
Click here to view full competency model.
All supplemental resources are NASA accessible only unless otherwise noted.