This course introduces concepts and methods for using strategic thinking as a logical foundation upon which to shape project definition and management.
This course is designed for experienced project and program managers, chief engineers, lead and senior systems engineers, and business group leaders.
Project Management Competencies
- PM 5.0 - Project Planning
- PM 16.0 - Project Review and Evaluation
- C 1.1 - Agency Structure, Mission, and Internal Goals
- C 4.2 - Communication
- C 4.3 - Leadership
Click here to view full competency model.
APPEL Library Resources
|NASA Galaxie Library||Books 24x7 Library|
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the elements of strategy.
- Illustrate an extended enterprise using a systems diagram.
- Analyze project current reality to determine contribution to strategic objectives.
- Create a project vision statement that focuses project strategic thinking.
- Define Key Performance Parameters tied to the strategic objectives.
- Interpret organizational dynamics in a strategic context.
- Create a strategic decision model using systems thinking.
- Identify and implement relevant performance guideposts.
- Evaluate project outcomes based on strategic performance.
- Evaluate a project for possible termination when it will no longer achieve its strategic objectives.