This two-day course addresses NASA project scheduling fundamentals. Participants will learn the foundational processes for developing, updating and maintaining a project schedule, including activity definition, activity sequencing, activity duration estimating, and resource loading, to create the necessary baselines for effective performance management.
This course is designed for Project Managers, Systems Engineers, and any project team member responsible for planning, controlling and analyzing cost, schedule and technical performance of an activity, project, or contract.
- PM 5.0 - Project Planning
- PM 14.0 - Tracking/Trending of Project Performance
- PM 15.0 - Project Control
Click here to view full competency model.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define the role of scheduling in a successful project
- Create a WBS to define and manage the scope of a project
- Create, update, and maintain a realistic schedule
- Manage schedule risk
- Integrate resources to a schedule
- Perform schedule analysis
- Establish and manage a schedule baseline
- Implement schedule control mechanisms for baseline revisions
- Create a project roadmap for an Agile project