SELDP Candidate Eligibility
SELDP Candidate Criteria
- Full–time, permanent GS-13 to GS-15 NASA employee or a senior systems engineer at JPL. (Learn more about the JPL-specific guidelines.)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Specialties of Aerospace Technology (AST) equivalent.
- Be willing and available to leave their home center and take on an assignment at another NASA center for 6 to 9 months.
Experience Needed to Be Successful in SELDP
- The participant is an employee who understands and has exposure to a breadth of systems engineering (SE) competencies as defined by APPEL.
- The participant has experience applying SE principles on one or more projects or programs.
- The participant is at least APPEL Proficiency Level II.
- The participant has taken one of more of the recommended SE APPEL Training including: Foundations of Aerospace at NASA, Project Management and Systems Engineering, and Fundamentals of Systems Engineering, or equivalent courses.
Additional Candidate Considerations
Nominees for SELDP must be individuals who have the experience and opportunity to take advantage of a developmental assignment away from their home center for 6 to 9 months. Family obligations and current assignment requirements and timing should be taken into account to also determine the optimal window of participation in this program.