Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Manage the integration project management and systems engineering personnel functions to balance performance, risk, cost, schedule, reliability and operability through all life cycle phases per NASA policy guidelines.
- Apply techniques for coping with multiple stakeholders, complex approval situations and teams drawn from across NASA.
- Manage the development of a system architecture compatible with the performance requirements and the organizations involved with that system, acceptable levels of risk and suitable for the NASA mission to be performed.
- Direct the identification of system functional boundaries including multiple interfaces, segmenting the architecture into functions and conducting functional analysis on all of the segments.
- Construct efficient acquisition strategies, lead their implementation, and monitor their effectiveness.