"An excellent method to provide short bursts of Program Management based content for the NASA Technical Workforce."
Skill Level: Program Managers/Chief Engineers.
The Program Management Series is an advanced, peer-to-peer learning opportunity for experienced NASA Program Managers, Chief Engineers, senior Project Managers, and senior Project Systems Engineers. This session covers how to establish an effective governance structure with well-defined processes and explicit roles, responsibilities, and authorities; and best practices in program governance.
Experienced NASA Program Managers, Chief Engineers, senior Project Managers, and senior Project Systems Engineers.
Project Management Competencies
- PM 2.0 - Stakeholder Management
- PM 5.0 - Project Planning
- PM 14.0 - Tracking/Trending of Project Performance
- PM 15.0 - Project Control
- PM 16.0 - Project Review and Evaluation
- C 1.1 - Agency Structure, Mission, and Internal Goals
- C 1.3 – External Relationships
- C 4.2 - Communication
- C 4.3 – Leadership
- C 5.2 – Knowledge Sharing
Click here to view full competency model.
APPEL Library Resources
|NASA Galaxie Library||Books 24x7 Library|
All supplemental resources are NASA accessible only unless otherwise noted.
The learning sessions are designed to provide an environment for managers to share best practices while they refine their knowledge and skills in addressing NASA program challenges.
Upon completion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Explain the key elements of an effective governance structure:
- Well-defined processes
- Explicit roles, responsibilities, and authorities
- Describe best practices and identify opportunities for improvement in NASA program governance.