"An excellent method to provide short bursts of Program Management based content for the NASA Technical Workforce."
Skill Level: Program Managers/Chief Engineers.
The Program Management Series is an advanced, peer-to-peer learning opportunity for experienced NASA Program Managers, Chief Engineers, senior Project Managers, and senior Project Systems Engineers. This session covers navigating the NASA budget cycle; how budgeting and earned value processes contribute to an integrated understanding of program and project status; identifying NASA financial management experts; and financial management best practices.
Experienced NASA Program Managers, Chief Engineers, senior Project Managers, and senior Project Systems Engineers.
Project Management Competencies
- PM 1.1 - Stakeholder Management
- PM 2.3 - Project Planning
- PM 3.1 - Tracking/Trending of Performance
- PM 3.2 - Project Control
- PM 3.4 - Project Review and Evaluation
- C 1.1 - Agency Structure, Mission, and Internal Goals
- C 1.3 - External Relationships
- C 4.2 - Communication
- C 4.3 - Leadership
- C 5.2 - Knowledge Sharing
Click here to view the Competency Models.
APPEL Library Resources
|NASA Galaxie Library||Books 24x7 Library|
All supplemental resources are NASA accessible only unless otherwise noted.
The learning sessions are designed to provide an environment for managers to share best practices while they refine their knowledge and skills in addressing NASA program challenges.
Upon completion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Describe the NASA budget cycle.
- Explain how budgeting and earned value processes contribute to an integrated understanding of project status.
- Identify NASA financial management experts who can help.
- Describe best practices and identify opportunities for NASA program financial management.