Skill Level: Open to all.
This three-day course will provide a comprehensive overview of the practices and processes specific with the NASA Project Management Lifecycle in conjunction with policies as detailed in NPR 7120.5 - NASA Space Flight Program and Project Management Requirements and NPR 7120.8 - Research and Technology Program and Project Management Requirements. The goal of the course is to help a NASA Project Manager identify, recognize and develop the expertise they will need to ensure mission success through the effective utilization of accepted project management principles and practices.
This course is designed for members of the NASA technical workforce responsible for the planning, execution, control, and closeout of NASA programs and projects. Newly appointed Project Managers and rising technical professionals who wish to become familiar with NASA Project Management principles and practices are encouraged to attend.
- NPD 7120.4 - NASA Engineering and Program/Project Management Policy
- Program/Project Management
- NPR 7120.5 - NASA Space Flight Program and Project Management Requirements
- NPR 7120.7 - NASA IT Program and Project Management Requirements
- NPR 7120.8 - NASA Research and Technology Program and Project Management Requirements
- NPR 8590.1 - Environmental Compliance and Restoration Program
- NPR 8820.2 - Facility Project Requirements
- NPR 7123.1 - NASA Systems Engineering Processes and Requirements
- NPR 7150.2 - NASA Software Engineering Requirements
- NPR 7120.10 - Technical Standards for NASA Programs and Projects
All supplemental resources are NASA accessible only unless otherwise noted.