Skill Level: Open to all.
The goal of this two-day course is to provide, through the examination of lessons learned derived from pertinent case studies, multiple opportunities for participants to exercise and improve their decision making and critical thinking skills through facilitated group discussions.
The learning methods include lecture, discussions, and the use of case studies to illustrate and elaborate upon salient topics.
Before You Attend
This course requires pre-reading, which will be provided upon registration. This may include case studies, articles, and or chapters from relevant books. Pre-reading will align all attendees and prepare them for conversations and topics covered in the course.
This course is designed for seasoned NASA project managers and members of the technical workforce who are responsible for the planning, execution, control and closeout of NASA programs and projects.
Project Management Competencies
- PM 3.0 - Requirements Development and Management
- PM 5.0 - Project Planning
- PM 10.0 - Project Lifecycle
- PM 14.0 - Tracking/Trending of Project Performance
- PM 15.0 - Project Control
- PM 16.0 - Project Review and Evaluation
- PM 18.0 - Decommissioning/Disposal and Archival of Data
- C 1.1 - Agency Structure, Mission, and Internal Goals Management
- C 1.2 - NASA Project Management/Systems Engineering Procedures and Guidelines
- C 4.2 - Communication
- C 5.1 - Knowledge Capture and Transfer
- C 5.2 - Knowledge Sharing
Click here to view full competency model.
NASA NPDs and NPRs can be found on NODIS.
- NPD 7120.4 - NASA Engineering and Program/Project Management Policy
- NPR 7120.5 - NASA Space Flight Program and Project Management Requirements
- NPR 7120.7 - NASA IT Program and Project Management Requirements
- NPR 7120.8 - NASA Research and Technology Program and Project Management Requirements
- NPR 8590.1 - Environmental Compliance and Restoration Program
- NPR 8820.2 - Facility Project Requirements
- NPR 7123.1 - NASA Systems Engineering Processes and Requirements
- NPR 7150.2 - NASA Software Engineering Requirements
- NPR 7120.10 - Technical Standards for NASA Programs and Projects
All supplemental resources are NASA accessible only unless otherwise noted.