"Excellent tying abstract material to real life experience; Very effective, encouraging, engaging and participative."
This workshop will provide project and engineering leaders the knowledge and skills necessary for creating a high performance, organizationally accountable teaming culture capable of reducing project development cycle time. This course will help you to create an innovative, collaborative, empowered team, which is key to effectively navigating the natural uncertainty associated with systems development. Developing a learning and open culture is key to infusing “Risk Leadership” principles and enabling “decision velocity” necessary to efficiently deliver on the Agencies missions in today’s rapidly changing environment. Participants will develop tactical skills through exercises and case studies to learn how to recognize and mitigate imbedded culture barriers and address the natural neurologic drivers around issues like safety and control.
This course is designed for NASA’s workforce, including experienced Project and Program Managers, Lead and Senior Systems Engineers, Chief Engineers.
Project Management Competencies
- PM 2.0 Stakeholder Management
- PM 7.0 Risk Management
- PM 13.0 Systems Engineering
- PM 17.0 Technology and Engineering Development
- C2.2 Team Dynamics & Management
- C4.1 Mentoring and Coaching
- C4.2 Communication
- C4.3 Leadership
- C5.1 Knowledge Capture & Transfer
Systems Engineering Competencies
- SE1.1 Stakeholder Expectation Definition and Management
- SE 2.1 Product Implementation
- SE 3.8 Technical Decision Analysis
APPEL Library Resources
|NASA Galaxie Library||Books 24x7 Library|
All supplemental resources are NASA accessible only unless otherwise noted.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Build a high performance, accountable organizational culture.
- Establish a collaborative operating environment to help accelerate innovative solutions to complex project issues*
- Select appropriate leadership techniques for empowering creative team solutions*
- Identify & mitigate underlying individual and organizational inhibitors
- Employ “Risk Leadership” principles
- Create “decision velocity” by leveraging the built-in disciplines of PM and SE*
- Recognize unconscious bias drivers*
- Apply these learned enhanced communication skills