Skill Level: Open to all.
This course will be offered as two half-day sessions and will help participants to develop the knowledge, processes and practices to assess, implement and communicate change initiatives in the NASA environment. Specifically, the course seeks to prepare members of NASA’s technical workforce to lead planned change initiatives for teams. This may include: preparing and supporting the workforce, establishing the necessary steps for change, and monitoring pre- and post-change activities to ensure successful implementation.
This course is designed for NASA’s workforce, especially experienced Program Managers, Aspiring Program Managers, Senior Project Managers, Lead and Senior Systems Engineers, Chief Engineers and Business Group Leaders will also benefit from this course. This course works best with experienced individuals who are open to new ideas and willing to share their insights and experiences.
Project Management Competencies
- PM 2.0 – Stakeholder Management
- PM 5.0 – Project Planning
- PM 7.0 – Risk Management
- PM 13.0 – Systems Engineering
- PM 14.0 – Tracking/Trending of Project Performance
- PM 15.0 – Project Control
- C 1.1 – Agency, Structure, Mission, and Internal Goals
- C 1.3 – External Relationships
- C 4.2 – Communication
- C 4.3 – Leadership
- C 5.2 – Knowledge Sharing
Systems Engineering Competencies
- SE 1.2 – Technical Requirements Definition
- SE 3.1 – Technical Planning
- SE 3.8 – Technical Decision Analysis
Click here to view full competency model.
All supplemental resources are NASA accessible only unless otherwise noted.