Skill Level: Project Managers/Project Systems Engineers or higher.
In this course, you will explore practical uses of the simulation capability of the Cameo toolset to build executable models, perform trade studies, and track conformance to requirements. We will investigate typical uses for simulation across the system lifecycle to add refinement to our models and show the value proposition of MBSE methods.
Required Tool: In order to fully engage and participate in courses within the AMBSE series, students must have access to the Cameo/Magic Draw modeling tool.
- Understanding the value of simulation for descriptive models.
- Use of executable models to enable decision making.
- The role of simulation in requirements traceability.
- The value proposition for simulating SysML models.
Advanced MBSE Series: This course is a part of a series designed for systems engineers with advanced exposure to modeling processes. All courses within this series can be found in the Supplemental Resources tab under "Related Courses".
Required Prerequisite: foundational understanding of systems engineering principles and model-based systems engineering processes is necessary.
Recommended Sequence: to maximize conceptual understanding of advanced MBSE skills, courses within this series should be taken in sequential order.
Related Resource: NASA Advanced MBSE Course Alignment
This online course series is designed for:
- Individuals who want to unlock the power of simulation in their MBSE process.
- Individuals who need to understand the process of creating executable models.
- Individuals who need to deploy analyses in their executable models, such as trade studies, requirements analysis, behavioral analysis.
Project Management Competencies
- PM 3.0 – Requirements Development & Management
- PM 7.0 – Risk Management
Systems Engineering Competencies
- SE 1.1 – Stakeholder Expectation Definition & Management
- SE 1.2 – Technical Requirements Definition
- SE 1.3 – Logical Decomposition
- SE 1.4 – Design Solution Definition
- SE 2.3 – Product Verification
- SE 2.4 – Product Validation
- SE 3.7 – Technical Assessment
Click here to view full competency model.
All supplemental resources are NASA accessible only unless otherwise noted.